Tuesday- hello from Denver
> Continued...
> Today we started off the morning with a pancake breakfast
> sponsored by Senator Patrick Leahy.
> Also in attendence were Howard Dean, Peter Welch, Bernie Sanders,
> Al Franken , Gaye Symington and a member of the Grateful Dead
> ( sorry, I forgot his name).
>
> I had lunch with Keith's cousin's wife.. hadn't seen her for a
> few years.
> Later got to visit with her son and husband at the Pepsi Center.
>
> Senator Leahy spoke around 4 so the whole Vermont delegation was
> there, giving him a rousing welcome.
> Howard and his wife were sitting behind me. You see all the signs
> we wave.... they had staff (or volunteers) handing out different
> signs with directions when to wave them.
>
> Tonight was another amazing night of being a delegate at th e
> convention, the sights , the sounds, trying to see over th e many
> camera men/woman hanging out in front of us.
>
> Most people I talked to thought Hillary did a tremendous job...
> just what she needed to do.
>
> After the convention, we walked out through a number of people
> preaching sin and damnation and anti abortion signs.
>
> No food is allowed inside the convention center.. and food is
> expensive..$6 for a hot dog. $4 for a lemonaide.
>
> Tonight the West Virgina delegation invited the VT delegation to
> thier party.
> It was fun, good food an d great 6 piece band .. and dancing.
>
> Tomorrow am 9:30 - noon, our delegation will be helping build a
> school playground as a service project.
>
> So must get to bed!
> Sherry
> PS I did get to ride a bike yesterday at 7 am. I was the
> first person to be processed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home